Born and raised in Breckenridge, McKenzie is now 17 and a senior at Summit High. The daughter of SSF’s own Michele Hart, her oldest daughter is ready to fly the coop and will be attending CU in Boulder this coming fall with intent to pursue Environmental Studies, as she considers global warming one of the biggest threats to her precious winter months.
A regular on the hill, Kenz’ biggest passion is skiing – she started as a racer and has progressed to one of the top Big Mountain Comp females in the area.
I sat down to ask a few questions to the stunning and hilarious
If given the opportunity to travel and ski, where would you go and with whom?
- Obviously to Chamonix and it would have to be with a local! My choice would be Candide Thovex, he’d know all the good spots in the area.
Who inspires you the most in regards to skiing?
- Angel Collinson – Currently she attends the University of Utah, studying environmental law and competes on the Freeskiing World Tour.
What do you do when you’re not training or in school?
- I love sports! Most of my free time is spent climbing trees and rocks. Wake boarding out at Green Mountain is a must. I’m also on the Summit High lacrosse team. I try to ski every month of the year, so hiking in the summer to ski isn’t out of the question. To relax, I usually look forward to sitting on the couch and watching the Bachelor with my mom – we love it! (Sorry for throwing you under the bus, Mom! Our secret is revealed.)
Does anything scare you?
- The two terrifying T’s – tree wells and tomatoes.
If you could have dinner with anyone (past/present), who would it be?
- SHANE McCONKEY! and also….Alicia Keys!
Any advice to our readers?
- Find ways to minimize the waste that we produce at Christmas – it’s too much – Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!
Thanks for sitting down with us, McKenzie – you’re sure to succeed with your good sense of humor and passion for life! Congrats on your Big Mountain competitions this year – and on attending CU in the fall!
Posted in: Uncategorized